Villa fans can once again have their say on their Player of the Year here on the Lions Club website.
There will be a poll live after each 2012-13 match and it’s your job to give your top three performers in each clash.
You can see a rundown of who’s winning as the campaign progresses and soon after the final game, the winner will be announced. That star player will win the club’s tremendous Mars Terrace Trophy and follow in the footsteps of heroes such as Dennis Mortimer and Stiliyan Petrov.
The Mars Terrace Trophy - an award synonymous with the club for two decades - made a cracking comeback three seasons ago. Although the original trophy was mislaid some years ago, an impressive new one was commissioned by the club. The trophy was awarded for the first time to Stiliyan Petrov as the popular midfield star won the inaugural Player of the Year.
“The Mars Terrace Trophy really is a magnificent prize, from top to bottom it oozes class and it’s fantastic that something so recognised in our history is now firmly back in the claret and blue stratosphere.
“I think it’s fabulous that fans can vote for their top star after each game and it’s terrific that they can see a table of the top performers throughout the season. “Stephen Ireland reigned supreme in 2011-12 but who will follow him? Karim El Ahmadi? Brett Holman? Darren Bent? Ron Vlaar? Shay Given? “Make sure you have your say each week!”
James Milner won the initial re-introduced trophy in 2009-10.
The midfielder marauder produced some magnificent displays during the term and really caught the attention of the claret and blue faithful. The following season, Marc Albrighton charged to victory, with a series of impressive performances on the wing. Nigel Sims won the original Mars Terrace Trophy, back in 1958.
Format for 2012-13 season
Voting is open to all via a poll mechanism here on the Lions Club website.
And, if you forget, don’t worry, regular reminders will be posted on our sister website, AVFC.co.uk, to ensure you don’t miss out. Every match, both home and away, will count.
- Points will be awarded to the three players gaining the most votes - threefor the highest polled, two for second and one for third.
- Points will be tallied over the course of the season and published weekly.
- The votes for the last three matches of the season will be hidden and revealed at the end of year Lions Club function, when the winner of the Mars Terrace Trophy will be announced.
- Polls will open on the morning after a match has been completed.
- Polls will close just prior to kick-off for the next match.
- We thank all supporters of our beloved club and hope that you will vote every week on this very worthwhile poll.